Changes due to the introduction of the new Belgium product portfolio:
- As of the 30th of May 2022 pre-announcements for shipments from Netherlands to Belgium which are not on the new products codes (4946, 4936, 4941, 4914, 4912 and 4983) trigger a surcharge for pre-announcing incorrectly. And as of July 1st 2022 these pre-announcements are no longer accepted by our systems. As of then a label request with an old product code can result in an error.
- Parcels towards Belgium will require the “Parcels Netherlands-Belgium” product codes (new) in the pre-announcement. As a result:
- Signature upon delivery and coverage until €500 are not standard included in the standard product “Parcels Netherlands-Belgium”. These can be used as a separate product.
- Extra services will need to be included in the preannouncement (via the new product codes for these services).
- New products may result in a label layout change
The technical consequences of this new product portfolio depend on the PostNL software you are currently using. Please select on the left your software or method of connecting with PostNL and follow the instructions. In case you have any questions about the changes being required, please contact your PostNL contact person.
If you are using software from a third party to connect with PostNL, please update to the latest version of software and/or reach out to them for further instructions. They are all informed about our change.
New product codes
|Former product code||Service description||Recommended product code||Service description|
|4938||Deliver to stated address only||4941||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium + Deliver to stated address only|
|4940||Parcels EU to Business (Delivery to neighbour)*||4946||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium|
|4932||Parcels EU: Pick up at a PostNL location Belgium***, *||4936||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium + Pick up at PostNL***|
|4944||Parcels EU to Business (Delivery to neighbour)*||4946||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium|
|4950||EPS, toB Combilabel*||4946||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium|
|4952||EPS, toC Combilabel*||4946||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium|
|4985||EPS business delivery (EU) - Ma t/m Vr*||4946||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium|
|4993||Pakketten EU via pickup point||4936||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium + Pick up at PostNL***|
|4996||Pakketten Belgie. RBGG||4946||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium|
|4983||Belgium + Deliver to stated address only + Return when not home (Monday to Saturday)||No change||No change|
|4912||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium + Signature upon delivery|
|4914||Parcel Netherlands-Belgium + extra cover**|
*all Parcels EU products include standard signature on delivery and standard coverage of €500,-.
** Business rule Insurance amount (type 02) is required and cannot exceed the maximum allowed amount (€ 5000,-). Please find more detailed specifications in the corresponding Shipping, Confirming and Labelling webservices documentation.
*** It is possible to let your customers choose pick up points in Belgium. It is mandatory to use a frontend location webservice solution to let your customer choose a pick up point.
Please note: if you send parcels to other EU destinations with Parcels EU codes, you can still use these codes for EU destinations other than Belgium.
Please note: for returns no change is needed. Please see ‘Destination Belgium’ and ‘Return label’ on our Products page for up to date information on returns.