- REST protocol
- Leave and get notes on quotations and workorders
- Share standard statuses for in-dept co-operation
Why use the status webservice?
To reduce the number of phone calls and emails and to improve the centralization of information, suppliers can communicate with PostNL (and vice versa) using three methods. Thanks to these methods information is always linked to the workorder or quotation in question and can be logged. The three methods include:
- Quotation comments: used to communicate about quotations. The supplier can send comments to PostNL, as well as receive them. These comments can be used from the moment a quotation is requested by PostNL, until the quotation has been assessed by PostNL.
- Workorder comments: used to communicate about workorders. The supplier can send comments to PostNL, as well as receive them. These comments can be used from the moment a workorder is assigned to the supplier, until the workorder is closed by PostNL.
- Status updates: used to give updates on workorders. The supplier is able to notify PostNL of updates concerning their progress on a specific workorder. Note that this communication is one way. Status updates are also shown to the owner of the request. An example: the supplier can use the status update to inform PostNL they put a subcontractor in charge of fixing the issue or that they are currently waiting for supplies/materials. Status updates can be provided once a workorder has been assigned to the supplier, until the workorder is closed by PostNL.
Please note that communication methods that are part of the communication service should only be used to provide additional information and updates. The communication service should never be used to change workorders or quotations. For example: the communication service cannot be used to change the “planned date” of the workorder.